Turkey on the Menu!
Council of the European Union
Brussels, 15 May 2017 – The Council will then be informed by the Commission on the follow-up that it intends to give to its white paper on the future of the EU.
Under any other business the Commission will inform the Council on the situation with regard to rule of law in Poland. The Czech delegation will raise the Commission’s new approach on the EU pilot project on EU law enforcement.
Without discussion the Council will adopt
* a regulation making money market funds more resistant to financial shocks
* a regulation reducing administrative obligations related to prospectus for the issuing and offering of securities in the European capital markets
June European Council
The Council will examine an annotated draft agenda (8790/17) for the European Council meeting to be held on 22 and 23 June 2017.
The European Council will focus on:
* migration: the European Council will take stock of ongoing work with regard to four major strands of action:
1) the Central Mediterranean route, including Partnership Framework
2) the Eastern Mediterranean route, including the EU-Turkey statement
3) the reform of the Common European Asylum System 4) addressing the root causes of migration
* security and defence: the European Council will review progress in the strengthening of EU cooperation on external security and defence and may provide further guidance for this policy field; EU leaders will also assess progress in the internal security files
* jobs, growth and competitiveness: the European Council will take stock of progress in achieving the target of completing by 2018 the single market, the digital single market strategy, the capital markets union action plan and the energy union
* external relations: the European Council will address this item in the light of the most recent developments
The annotated draft agenda will serve as the basis for draft conclusions, to be prepared in the run-up to the meeting.
Follow-up to previous European Councils
The presidency will inform ministers about the implementation of previous European Council conclusions. It will brief ministers on progress and the state of play of the main files referred to in the conclusions.
White paper on the future of the EU
The Commission will inform the Council on the follow-up that it intends to give to its white paper on the future of the EU.
Rule of law
The Commission will inform the Council on the situation with regard to rule of law in Poland.
EU pilot project on EU law enforcement
The Czech delegation will raise the new Commission approach on the EU pilot project on EU law enforcement.